Working in conjunction with your local agent & Jester Insurance, the SU Insurance Company's Equipment Maintenance Program can help your district free up general fund dollars by allowing your district to pay for repairs of school equipment through the use of an insurance policy.
Risk Management - The program includes comprehensive equipment risk management, services that enable flexibility to repair and/or replace equipment, track warranties, and plan for end-of-life options.
Reimbursement - The program will reimburse the district for your employees' time, parts, and mailing costs when repairing covered equipment.
Cost Transfer - Using the Equipment Maintenance Insurance Policy, schools can move approved equipment repair cost from the general fund to the management fund.
More than 75 categories and 500 types of electronic equipment are allowable under the plan. A few examples are listed below with the types of coverage fully customizable by district.
- Classroom/Shop Equipment – AV Equipment, Band Equipment, Electronic Whiteboards
- Communications Equipment – Telephone systems
- Computer Equipment – Computers, Servers, Modems, Routers
- Facilities Equipment – Auditorium, Buildings & Groups, Food Prep Equipment, Scoreboards
- Security Equipment – Fire Alarms, Doors, Gates, Metal Detectors
- Office Equipment – Card Readers, Copiers, Scanners, Laminators
- And lots more
School Finance and the Equipment Maintenance Program