There are two scoring alignments used in WriteToLearn, the 6-Traits of Writing and the College and Career Ready Standards, the elements of which are derived from the Common Core.
These rubrics are used in the scoring of the WriteToLearn essays:
- 6 Traits
- College and Career Argumentative Scoring Rubric
- College and Career English Laerners Scoring Rubric
- Writing Scoring Rubric Narrative
- Writing Scoring Rubric Opinion
- Writing Scoring Rubric Informative grades 3-5
- Writing Scoring Rubric Informative grades 6-12
- Argumentative Scoring Rubric grades 6-12
- Scoring Rubric ELL
- Scoring Rubric Six Trait
The Quick Reference Guide is a two-page handy guide to help you with general program navigation.
The Portfolio Report describes how teachers can access student writing, see all of the student drafts, the scoring each received, and even comment on student work.
Prompt Writing describes how teachers can write their own prompts, rather than use the already prepared prompts written by WriteToLearn™. Remember that teacher written prompts only receive an overall score because they haven’t been through the rigorous design and scoring process done for the prompts written by the WriteToLearn™ experts
Crosswalk between WriteToLearn and Iowa Core Writing Standards
Find the standards here.