Each January/February, ISFIS partners with Piper Sandler and Iowa's Area Education Agencies to host ISFIS Budget Workshops. This is our 11th year of these hands-on workshops which provide the opportunity for superintendents, SBOs and their teams to prepare their individual district Certified Budget in one highly productive day. Districts will leave the workshop with a completed Certified Budget and will know all options for publications. Attendees also learn about sales and property tax debt and other variables affecting district finances.
Typically, ISFIS Budget Workshops are held in-person at an Iowa AEA location, but after much deliberation, we decided the 2021 workshops will be virtual to ensure safety for all involved.
The virtual workshops run from 9 am to 1 pm, and we encourage attendees to connect from a location that allows them to focus with as few interruptions as possible (whether that be from home, a conference room, library, etc.). Having two screens will also make the virtual aspect of the workshop a little easier, though that isn't required. More information regarding the documents and forms you'll need to have with you during the workshop, along with the specific meeting link, will be emailed to attendees approximately a week before each meeting.
We look forward to making these ISFIS Budget Workshops highly productive for you, even in the virtual setting!
2021 Workshop Dates, Times & Registration
Budget workshops will all be held virtually from 9 am to 1 pm. Workshop cost is $250 per district (regardless of the number of attendees from your district). Please register each person individually to ensure we have the correct contact information for each attendee so we can distribute the correct meeting link and information. Registration for the 2021 ISFIS Budget Workshops is closed.
While workshops are offered in partnership with a particular AEA, attendees are welcome to sign up for any date that works in their schedule.
- Mon, Jan. 25 - Heartland AEA
- Tues, Jan. 26 - Green Hills AEA
- Wed, Jan. 27 - Northwest AEA
- Thurs, Jan. 28 - Grant Wood AEA
- Mon, Feb. 1 - Prairie Lakes AEA
- Mon, Feb. 2 - Great Prairie AEA
- Wed, Feb. 3 - Mississippi Bend AEA
- Thurs, Feb. 4 - Keystone AEA
- Mon, Feb. 8 - Central Rivers AEA
- Tues, Feb. 9 - All - CANCELLED
- Wed, Feb. 10 - All
- Thurs, Feb. 18 - All
- Wed, Feb. 24 - All
Items Needed for Meetings
More information regarding the documents and forms you'll need to have with you during the workshop, along with the specific meeting link, will be emailed to attendees approximately a week before each meeting. Below is a tentative list:
- Computer with webcam and audio, two screens preferable
- Department of Management 2020-21 final Aid & Levy printout from John Parker dated approximately June 2020.
- Copy of the 2020-21 Certification of Taxes from the Department of Management (mailed with the Department of Management's final Aid & Levy printout).
- Dropout Prevention modified supplemental amount for FY 2022, Special Education deficit letter or other School Budget Review Committee approvals during the 2020-21 budget year.
- Previous years budget forms from 2019-20 school year which were completed and certified in April 2020
- Any Debt Schedules (Bonds & Interest) and Loan Agreement Schedules - include PPEL loans.
- 2019-20 CAR Budget Crosswalk Report. You will need this report to complete the Worksheet 1 and 2. Please have a draft of the Worksheet 1 and 2 as complete as possible. Don't worry about State Aid and Property Tax numbers, those will populate automatically.
- Please have your district ID and password in case you need to access to the DE portal.
We encourage both SBOs and Superintendents to attend a workshop. Please register each person individually to ensure we have the correct contact information for each attendee so we can distribute the correct meeting link and information. If there are any questions or changes to your registration, contact Jen Albers.
Registration for the 2021 ISFIS Budget Workshop is closed. Thank you for attending!