Each January/February, ISFIS partners with Piper Sandler and Iowa's Area Education Agencies to host ISFIS Budget Workshops for school leaders. These hands-on workshops provide the opportunity for superintendents, SBOs and their teams to prepare their individual district Certified Budget in just one highly productive day. Districts will leave the workshop with a completed (or nearly completed) Certified Budget and will know all the details for publication. Attendees also leave about sales and property tax debt and other variables affecting district finances.
This year, we have 9 in-person locations, one in each Iowa AEA partner region, and 2 virtual date options. In-person locations are scheduled from 9 am to approx. 1 pm. More information regarding documents and information to bring with you to the meeting, and the Zoom link for virtual meetings, will be emailed out to attendees a few days ahead of each workshop. Download a printable flyer.
For in-person workshops, in the event the AEA location is delayed due to extreme weather, we will follow suit and begin the meeting on the same delay schedule. If the AEA is closed, we will instead hold a virtual workshop on the originally scheduled date, beginning at 10:30 am rather than 9 am.
2023 WORKSHOP DETAILS
This year, we have 9 in-person budget workshops and 2 virtual workshop options! Budget workshops cost $300 per district per workshop (whether in person or virtual), but please sign up each person individually to ensure we have adequate space for everyone in the rooms. All in-person workshops will be held from 9 am – 1 pm (ending time approx.).
- Wed, Jan 25 - Fort Dodge CSD Administration Office, 109 N 25th Street, Fort Dodge (in partnership with Prairie Lakes AEA)
- Thurs, Jan 26 - Northwest AEA - Le Mars
- Mon, Jan 30 - Heartland AEA - Johnston
- Tues, Jan 31 - Keystone AEA - Elkader
- Wed, Feb 1 - Central Rivers AEA - Cedar Falls
- Thurs, Feb 2 - Grant Wood AEA - Cedar Rapids (1120 33rd Ave SW location)
- Mon, Feb 6 - Great Prairie AEA - Ottumwa
- Thurs, Feb 9 - Green Hills AEA - Red Oak
- Fri, Feb 10 - Mississippi Bend AEA - Bettendorf
- Mon, Feb 13 - Virtual (1 - 4 pm)
- Fri, Feb 17 - Virtual (9 am - noon)
ITEMS NEEDED FOR MEETINGS
Be sure to check the website and watch your email for the final and complete list ahead of the workshops, but below is the anticipated list of items needed for the workshops:
- Laptop, Power Cord, and Peripherials – Wifi-enabled laptop. Please log in and test getting into the DOM budget system prior to the workshop. Don't forget your mouse, 10-key, or other peripherals you may wish to use.
- Dropout Prevention modified supplemental amount for FY 2024, Special Education deficit or other School Budget Review Committee approvals during the 2022-23 budget year.
- Previous year’s budget forms from 2021-22 school year which were completed and certified in April 2022.
- Any Debt Schedules (Bonds & Interest) and Loan Agreement Schedules - include PPEL loans. Contact your Financial Advisor for these in advance if you are not a Piper Sandler client.
- 2021-22 CAR Budget Crosswalk Report. Please have a draft of the Worksheet 1 and 2 as complete as possible. Don't worry about State Aid and Property Tax numbers, those will populate automatically.
- Please bring your DE district ID and password to access the portal.
Register using the link below. You do not need to create a SignUp Genius account to register. Space is limited at each location. Please create a new registration for each person attending to ensure we have contact information for each person and adequate space, even though the cost is the same regardless of the number of attendees from a district. Contact Jen Albers to make any changes to your registration or if you have issues with SignUp Genius.