Your district can partner with your local agent and Jester Insurance to free up general fund dollars used for repairs to school equipment with an Equipment Maintenance Insurance Policy written through SU Insurance Company.
Risk Management - The program includes comprehensive equipment risk management, services that enable flexibility to repair and/or replace equipment, track warranties, and plan for end-of-life options.
Reimbursement - The program will reimburse the district for your employees' time, parts, and mailing costs when repairing covered equipment.
Cost Transfer - Using the Equipment Maintenance Insurance Policy, schools can move approved equipment repair cost from the general fund to the management fund.
More than 75 categories and 500 types of electronic equipment are allowable under the plan. A few examples are listed below with the types of coverage fully customizable by district.
- Classroom/Shop Equipment – Audio/Visual Equipment, Band Equipment, Electronic Whiteboards
- Communications Equipment – Telephone systems, Radios
- Computer Equipment – Computers, Servers, Modems, Routers
- Facilities Equipment – HVAC, Auditorium, Buildings & Grounds including riding lawn mowers, Food Prep Equipment, Scoreboards
- Security Equipment – Fire Alarms, Doors, Gates, Metal Detectors
- Office Equipment – Copiers, Scanners, Laminators, Shredders
- And lots more
School Finance and the Equipment Maintenance Program
Equipment Maintenance Program One-Page Flyer
Equipment Maintenance Program Q&A Video on New Services & Considerations for FY 2022 - April 2021
Equipment Maintenance Program Q&A Video & Considerations in light of COVID-19 - Dec 2020
Equipment Maintenance Program Introductory PowerPoint Presentation - Dec 2019
Equipment Maintenance Program Introductory Video - 2018