Each January/February, ISFIS partners with Piper Sandler and Iowa's Area Education Agencies to host ISFIS Budget Workshops for school leaders. These hands-on workshops provide the opportunity for superintendents, SBOs and their teams to prepare their individual district Certified Budget in just one highly productive day. Districts will leave the workshop with a completed (or nearly completed) Certified Budget and will know all the details for publication. Attendees also leave about sales and property tax debt and other variables affecting district finances. With new budget software for FY 2023 budgets, attending this year’s workshops is more important than ever!
Each budget workshop will be held at one of the Iowa AEA partner locations, with 9 in-person locations and 3 virtual date options, all running from 9 am to approx. 1 pm. More information regarding documents and forms to bring to the meeting, along with information on the extreme weather plans, and the Zoom link (if virtual), will be emailed out to attendees a few days ahead of each workshop.
For in-person workshops, in the event the AEA location is delayed due to extreme weather, we will follow suit and begin the meeting on a delayed schedule as well. If the AEA is closed, we will instead hold a virtual workshop on the originally scheduled date, beginning at 10:30am rather than 9am.
Registration is closed for the 2022 ISFIS Budget Workshops. Join us next year!
2022 WORKSHOP DETAILS
This year, we have 9 in-person budget workshops and 3 virtual workshop options! Budget workshops cost $275 per district per workshop (whether in person or virtual), but please sign up each person individually to ensure we have adequate space for everyone in the rooms. All workshops will be held from 9am – approx.1pm.
- Tues, Jan 25 – Southwestern Community College, Instructional Center Room 180, in Creston
(in partnership with Green Hills AEA)
- Thurs, Jan 27 – Heartland AEA in Johnston
- Mon, Feb 7 – Great Prairie AEA – Ottumwa
- Tues, Feb 8 – Virtual
- Thurs, Feb 10 – Mississippi Bend AEA – Bettendorf
- Fri, Feb 11 - Keystone AEA - Elkader
- Mon, Feb 14 – Virtual
- Fri, Feb 18 - Prairie Lakes AEA - Fort Dodge (rescheduled from Thurs, Feb 3)
- Tues, Feb 22 - Grant Wood AEA - Cedar Rapids (rescheduled from Mon, Jan 31) (due to weather, switched to virtual beginning at 10am)
- Wed, Feb 23 - Virtual (rescheduled from Fri, Jan 28)
- Thurs, Feb 24 - Central Rivers AEA - Cedar Falls (rescheduled from Tues, Feb 1)
- Fri, Feb 25 - Northwest AEA - Le Mars (rescheduled from Fri, Feb 4)
ITEMS NEEDED FOR MEETINGS
Be sure to check the website and watch your email for the final and complete list ahead of the workshops, but below is the anticipated list of items needed for the workshops:
- Laptop & Power Cord – Wifi-enabled laptop. Please login and test getting into the DOM budget system prior to the workshop.
- Dropout Prevention modified supplemental amount for FY 2023, Special Education deficit or other School Budget Review Committee approvals during the 2021-22 budget year.
- Previous year’s budget forms from 2020-21 school year which were completed and certified in April 2021.
- Any Debt Schedules (Bonds & Interest) and Loan Agreement Schedules - include PPEL loans. Contact your Financial Advisor for these in advance if you are not a Piper Sandler client.
- 2020-21 CAR Budget Crosswalk Report. Please have a draft of the Worksheet 1 and 2 as complete as possible. Don't worry about State Aid and Property Tax numbers, those will populate automatically.
- Please bring your DE district ID and password, in case you need to access the portal.
Register using the link below. You do not need to create a SignUp Genius account to register. Space is limited at each location. Please create a new registration for each person attending to ensure we have contact information for each person and adequate space, even though the cost is the same regardless of the number of attendees from a district. Contact Jen Albers to make any changes to your registration. Registration is closed for the 2022 ISFIS Budget Workshops. Thank you for joining us and we hope to see you next year!